Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Brick House

Mom, brother and sis in law visited last weekend! Yay! It was for a not-really-but-sort of-family wedding. We did some daytime drinking and we were the only guests cool enough to dance. ANYway: we also did a lot of great eating:

Friday afternoon, Mom and I went to Gaetano’s and shared a Beacon Point. It wasn't on the menu, but I ordered it anyway! I like to live dangerously. Chicken cutlet, balsamic, Portobello mushrooms, roasted red peppers, lettuce and fresh mozz. Sure, the fresh mozz is not safe, but it really makes the sandi, so I risked it. We drove down to the seawall to gaze at the water while we ate. Nerd alert!

On Friday night, Mom, the manfriend and I went to Biagio’s. I had an incredibly amazing dish: Piccata alla Biagio: veal sautéed with spinach, grape tomatoes topped with fresh buffalo (safe for me!) mozzarella and glazed in a sherry wine vermouth blend. My mouth was thrilled! I am not even a huge tomato fan, but this made me J in my P! Mom had L’Aragosta di ravioli- lobster ravioli- also A.mazing- the lobster tasted to fresh and delish and the sauce was nice and light. The manfriend had Orrechiette Alla Biagio: hand made rolled orrechiette pasta tossed with roasted garlic and broccoli rabe finished with a light chardonnay and olive oil sauce topped with parmesan cheese. He loved it, but I thought it was a little weird. I basically want to eat there every night, even though I would have to roll myself home. Whatev.

Good news: I got myself to Zuppardi’s. It was incredible. We had the perfect pizza(s): mozzarella (for my bro) and the other was eggplant and mushroom- no cheeser- for the sis in law, mom, and me. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. It RULED! I love you, Zuppardi’s. Please see bro’s thoughts here.


TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous that you went to Gaetano’s without me! I'm dreaming of a sandi right now.

    ReplyDelete